Workers compensation insurance coverage, business interruption insurance, a deferred compensation retirement plan … These are all examples of employee benefit plan services. Many different companies have many different types of insurance plans and benefits coverages for employees. All employees are entitled to some form of benefits, but you might not know what all of them are for your specific company.
Although it is impossible to tell as a sweeping generalization, here are some of the options that you could have, and some interesting 401 k information.
- The name 401k actually comes from subsection 401(k) in the Internal Revenue Code, which is title 26 of the United States code.
- Depending on what their plan allows for, employees are able to make contributions to their 401k plans that are on a post or pre tax basis, and there are pros and cons to each.
- There are limits mandated by the IRS on contributions to 401k accounts.
- Employee benefits come as different non wave compensations that are provided in addition to normal salaries or wages.
- Different Employee benefits include group insurance such as health, life, and dental, retirement benefits, tuition reimbursement, sick leave, paid and unpaid vacation, social security, and many other specialized benefits.